Survey Highlights Significant Concerns Regarding Electric Vehicles
- Written by : Ashton G. Curran
- Date Published : 2023-03-20
- Date Updated : 2023-03-20
- Category / Tag : articles
The shift to the production of purely electric vehicles is not possible within the existing legislative timetables. This is emphasized by 59% of the respondents of the global survey conducted by the Automotive Manufacturing Outlook. Respondents highlighted:
- The challenges of adapting to a new battery supply chain.
- Concerns about the high levels of capital investment required;
- Shortages of raw materials; adequate infrastructure; and lack of network capacity.
Although 28% expressed the view that the deadlines were achievable, they also indicated that there would be significant challenges, while 18% believed that the current targets would never be met. Only 11% believed that all regional targets for EV adoption by 2030-2040 were realistic.
The survey also highlighted the challenges of adapting to a new battery supply chain, cited as a key barrier by 19% of respondents, while 16% had concerns about the high levels of capital investment required.